8:00 AM — 3:00 PM Monday — Thursday
Pastor LaMont Bonath
Reverend Bonath is an Elder in Full Connection with the Indiana Conference of the United Methodist church. He was ordained Elder in 1992. He has been serving in full time parish ministry since 1988. He is currently pastor at the Paoli United Methodist church in Orange County, Indiana.
Reverend Bonath is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin (1977) receiving a B.S. degree in Radio-TV-Film. He is a graduate of Southern Methodist University, Perkins School of Theology (1986) receiving a Master of Divinity degree. He is also a graduate of the International Seminary, Plymouth, Florida (2002) receiving a Doctor of Ministry degree.
Professional Continuing Educational Interests:
- Reverend Bonath was a Pastoral Care Specialist with the American Association of Pastoral Counselors (2009-2018).
- Reverend Bonath attends a training program (2007-) taught by Dr. P.T. Wilson ten times a year. This program focuses on topics which include but are not limited to the following: brief term supportive counseling methods, crisis intervention, grief and loss, divorce recovery, pastoral diagnosis, referral, and the application of pastoral care principles in the broader function of ministry.
- Reverend Bonath received certificates of completion for Bipolar Disorder in Children & Youth (2020), Cyberbullying (2020), Forensic Psychology (2020), 10 Core Competenties of Trauma, PTSD, Grief & Loss (2020), Evidence Based Trauma & Interventions (2020), Psycho-pharmacology (2005), Personality Disorders in Social Work and Healthcare (2003), Bipolar Disorders in Youth (2003), Teaching Adolescents with Personality Deficits and Disruptive Behavior Disorders (2003).
- Reverend Bonath has been certified in Dr. John Savage's Calling and Caring Ministries (1992). He received a Neuro-Lingistic Programming — Practitioners Diploma (1998). He also attended a class on Neurological Sorts and Belief Systems (1999).
- He is a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP) #285-11472 (2020)
Professional Counseling Abilities:
Reverend Bonath is trained in several styles of crisis counseling, specialized training in grief, spiritual issues and issues around divorce. Reverend Bonath's crisis counseling skills focus on a client's short term problem, concern or crisis. If he needs to refer in areas beyond his training, for additional services he can not provide, or discuss topics close to his own spiritual journey, he may not be objective and will refer. Please be aware Reverend Bonath is required by law to report all types of abuse to the police.